This type of procedure is among the commonly used plastic surgery procedures. It is specifically designed to rectify, increase or reshape women’s breasts. All cosmetic procedures are prone to complications. These complications range from leakage, rupturing or swelling of the implantation. There are rumors surrounding the breast implant procedure. This is worse to the point some women are afraid of undergoing the medical procedure. Most of them are made up of silicone. Devices and procedures used in the medical field have been approved by the necessary authority.
It is important for a person to understand everything about the operation or procedure before undergoing the actual treatment:
The use of silicon in breast implant
Silicon used in cosmetic surgery comes in different shapes and sizes. There has been heated debate about the safety of silicon because some countries banned its use. There was fear that silicon used for the type of augmentation could leak and cause serious health problems such as cancer, autoimmune disorders and a condition called scleroderma. Scleroderma is associated with hardening and thickening of the connective tissues and the skin. Countries later canceled their earlier decision on silicone after intense studies.
Health complications arising as a result of this procedure
There are numerous cases where people who have undergone a cosmetic operation develop complications. The process of inserting a silicone or a saline break leaves a scar. This scar is prone to leakage of the silicone or saline or even swelling. Anyone planning to undergo a breast implant procedure should understand that implants will have to be replaced or removed at some point in life because they don’t last forever. There are numerous risks a person is prone to when they eventually age. Below are some complications a person faces as a result of an aging silicone or saline type:
- They might move from the initial placed position.
- Infection- Medical studies reveal that the possibility of an infection to occur increases when they are left in the body for a long period.
- There are cases where either the saline or the silicone types leaks or raptures
- A person who undergoes this cosmetic procedure might develop a permanent scar
- The nipple and the breast at large might lose or change its sensation
- There are some cases where women develop capsular contraction. This can stretch to an extent a scar develops on or around the augmented area.
There are commonly asked questions as far as this type of is concerned. Let us look at some of the commonly asked questions. This first question is about the leakage and rupturing of an implant. As earlier stated, this is among the many complications a person might develop after undergoing an augmentation procedure. The leakage or the rupturing of a medical procedure might be caused by the following factors:
- An injury which might affect the operating region
- An X-ray
- If it has stayed in the body for a long period
- Capsular contractions might trigger the rupturing and the leakage of a silicone implant.
The medical industry has come up with numerous tips on how to prevent them from leaking. First, the latest types of products used keep the silicone inside the implant when a rupture occurs. Here are some symptoms to check out to determine if yours has ruptured or not:
- A decrease in the size
- If you feel numerous lumps in the breast when you touch them
- You experience some sort of tenderness and pain
- If you notice that they are distorted in shape
The second most asked question is about how a capsular is formed and its contraction process. As we all know, our bodies react to foreign bodies such as implants. The body reacts to a foreign body by forming a capsule or shell around it. In the process, a scar tissue is formed. This scar can contract and cause serious health effects such as:
- Pain around that specific region
- They might harden
- The region around the implant becomes very sensitive
- The implant might be displaced from its original position or move a bit.
These are some of the health advice worth noting down about an augmentation process.